Silence and Chill - Lure of the Night

I like the night. 

I have already written a post about it: Night Sky is Never Dark - Beauty in Darkness. However, I still want to write more about my favorite time of the day. 

Art by dandragneel.

Busy Daylight. 

Daytime is the time when everyone goes to school or work and does stuff. I think after staying indoors for many years (at school and at home) my body has become a vampire. I do not particularly like the sunlight anymore. Often it is too intense and blinds me. 

However, I do appreciate day moments when the temperature is slightly chill, the sun is not at its full brightness, and clouds are decorating a brilliant blue sky. Yes! I would love to lay on a slightly sloped field of grass and enjoy the beauty of nature. Unfortunately, that is not every day. 

More so than ever, there are cars, buildings, noises around us that distract us. When day comes, the world becomes a beehive. People are rushing everywhere ceaselessly and making a constantly distracting buzz. 

Silent Night. 

Night, however, is silent. During the night, a lot of creatures go to sleep. I believe even bees don't go out at night! To be honest, I don't go out at night, but I do enjoy the night. The night is dark, so I can turn on my LED lamp and enjoy a softer light. I use a very warm screen tone on my Windows 10 laptop and my smartphone. I use a colder light for studying, but that is about yet. The subtle warmth of the screen is very inviting in darkness. 

And while the night is silent, I have a choice of listening to music or listening to nature. Without noise, I can enjoy my favorite music (mostly soft music). I do not turn the volume on my earbuds up very high, I keep it at a notch quieter than regular conversations.  

Concentration. 

Maybe I am just bad at concentrating and night gives me a better environment to concentrate. All of my blog posts are written at night, because in the afternoon, I do not feel like I can calm down. Maybe it is because I trained my body to nap in the afternoon after school. Despite the underlying reasons, my propensity for night is clear: I enjoy it. 

Art from Kimi no  Na wa.

Lure. 

Sometimes I just want to go outside at night to breath in the fresh air and enjoy the chill wind, and the near silence. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Snow Globe - The MacGuffin

The Searching Game

Sea of No Progress - Beginning of Continuity