Friendship Equation - Logic Behind Relationships

Propinquity

is a word that stuck with me ever since it appeared in my vocabulary book. It has a certain warm feeling to it: the closeness of friendship. I thought about what is actually behind friendships, so I put together this little post.

Picture by George Arriola

Similarity. 

Friends talk about something. It is usually something that they both like, care about. It can be any topic: politics, science, computers, philosophy, life...

We are all social animals. We have varying degrees of social skill and social tendencies, but I am sure the majority of us enjoy company of someone close to us. 

Most friends meet in person. Some friends meet online on forums or websites. The starting base of friendship is a common interest. Friends have to be "close" in this giant world. Not only close, friends have to be close in a good way. 

Special equation:

Friendship = (propinquity)²

...to be continued. 

Confession:

Before this post, I wanted to write about how friends are not really magical, but more scientific. While writing this post, I started to get into enemies and things not related to my original idea. In the end, I finished with something less valuable and more generic. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Snow Globe - The MacGuffin

The Searching Game

Sea of No Progress - Beginning of Continuity