Why I Love Food - Noodles

I love noodles. 

I also love soup dumplings. It is more than just the taste of flavors; it is the feeling that comes with eating something familiar. 

Picture by me. 
We are attracted to different types of foods. I like sweet things: pies, cakes, ice cream. I like rich cheesecakes. I like fruits. But when I eat something with warm soup, I feel comforted inside. Noodles are generally not fancy food, but the warmth they provide is unparalleled. 

The imagery. 

Noodles are a bit messy to eat, depending on the type of noodle. Sometimes they would splash soup on one's clothes, but there is a comfort in thinking "okay, I am slurping. I look messy. However, I am enjoying myself." 

The warmth. 

We associate many enjoyable experiences with warmth: sleeping, fireplace, bath, warm showers. Moderate warmth simply feels good. Eating noodles makes me a bit nostalgic; when I am eating noodles, I take a break from my busy life to just wallow in comfort. 

Comfort fuel. 

Life is far from perfect. There are times when we feel down, and we go to eat our favorite comfort food. It's okay to enjoy comfort food. I enjoy my noodles very much. I would eat them every day. However, cherish the experience, and think of it as fueling up to go back and pursue your goals. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Snow Globe - The MacGuffin

The Searching Game

Sea of No Progress - Beginning of Continuity